Monday, March 5, 2012

Introduction


Hunting clawed its way into my life just recently.  Two good friends of mine talked me into getting my hunting license; little did I know this would be the start of a fantastic addiction.  The fresh air, the friends, and the blast of a shotgun are just a few of the things that fuel that addiction.  Hunting is about more than just going out and killing my prey.  Hunting is a way for friends and family to get together and enjoy the outdoors, old and young alike are always welcome.  There is no age limit, as long as the person can maintain safe mussel control their welcome to join.  For me hunting is a way to connect myself to the primal state of being a human.  Stalking prey, killing it then cooking and eating is one of the most primitive experiences I have ever done.  Of course within all of this is great deal of controversy.

Controversy is a huge issue with hunting, as it should be.  An ethical hunter can help benefit an ecosystem and even the species that they hunt.  While an unethical hunter can danger everyone; including the animals and all other hunters.  A great link to explore for any information on hunting in general is dfg.ca.gov.

A few of the things I will try to cover throughout this blog will be.
  •          Hunting in general
  •          Types
  •          Controversies
  •          Pros and Cons
  •          Benefits
  •          Evolution
  •       Hunting in cultures

I feel that I should put a slight warning on here; my blog is about hunting so some of the links I add will show pictures of dead animals.  I will try not to post any offensive pictures directly on my blog, but do keep in mind this is a hunting blog.

-Mark Van Elswyk

No comments:

Post a Comment